5 Great Reasons to Use Video for Training
Through the use of video material for training – upskilling doesn’t have to be the ‘boring, time-consuming’ activity that it may have been perceived to be in the past.
Using visual imagery to share important messages with customers and employees can enhance recall of the information by up to 65% – 3 days later!
So, what types of training material can be covered with video?
There are many different applications and benefits of training material – a few of the key advantages are shared here:
HR Induction Videos
- The company culture and processes can be communicated clearly to new employees. By having the key messages available online through video, the employees can reference the material on an ongoing basis.
- There is flexibility in relation to viewing time – for example during the commute to work, at home in the evening or at a designated time during the work-day.
- Ongoing personal development (e.g. CPD) is one important way to ensure that employees feel valued in the work-place. It can help with their career path and retaining employees is important for businesses
- By providing company training material through video, this allows global access. Attendees do not have to be in one single physical location.
- Accessing the video material is not restricted to desktop devices. In fact 75% of video views are now on mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets.
- Covering health and safety for staff and visitors is important for every business. Sharing what to do in the case of a fire-drill/emergency situation will ensure that the key messages are clear and consise.
How To and Demo videos
- How-To and Demo videos are very popular. It is much easier to show how your product/service work than to try to explain verbally.
- These videos can work very well for Sales Reps. It can reduce the need for repetition of key messages; thus saving time. They can focus on the specific/unique questions that each customer has to ask. Also, the consistency of the message is improved.
Passive Income Stream
- Your business may have unique quality content that you could share externally. Is there a way that you could share this online through video? This would allow you to earn passive income through the video material.
Some example training video clips from our recent projects:
To find out more about how we can help with your video training requirements contact us :